FPN Individual College Showcase & Recruiting Camp
Fastpitch Nation's 5th Annual Winter College Recruiting Camp and Showcase. This one-day individual showcase will be held Saturday, January 18, 2014. The showcase allows softball players an opportunity to display their talents for college coaches from around the Northeast. Players will through stations and drills on Fastpitch Nation's indoor all-clay field, numerous batting cages and pitching lanes. Cost is $150 for a single session (Pitcher/Catcher or Infielder/Outfielder) or $175 for both sessions.
- Eastern CT State University, Molly Rathbun, Asst. Coach
- Ithaca College, Deb Pallozzi, Head Coach
- The Sage Colleges, Jamie Brown, Head Coach
- Western CT State University, Heather Stone, Head Coach
- Kutztown University, Don Justis, Head Coach
- SUNY Cortland, Julie Lenhart, Head Coach
- Former Rutgers player and FPN coach, Mikelyn Messina
- Former University of Hartford player and FPN coach, Siera Sheehan
Albertus Magnus College
Bay Path College
New England College
University of Bridgeport
University of St. Joseph
COACHES THAT ATTENDED THE SHOWCASE IN 2013
Albertus Magnus College
Fastpitch Nation is located at:
62 Douglas St. Bloomfield, CT 06002
Players can be dropped off as early as 7:30-am. Sign-in begins at 7:45am. Please drop players off. Staff will be there outside to greet you and direct the player inside. Do not park and accompany your player into the venue unless you are the designated warm-up catcher for your pitcher. You will be directed where to park. PLAYERS DO NOT DRIVE YOURSELVES. THERE WILL BE NO ASSIGNED PARKING FOR PLAYERS. COLLEGE COACHES AND STAFF WILL USE ALL AVAILABLE PARKING.
Tentative Agenda and Schedule
Sign-in and Warm up for Pitchers and Catchers
7:45 - 8:30 Sign-in pitchers and catchers
8:30 -9:00 Warm up pitchers and catchers
9:00 - 9:30 Instructions given to pitchers/catchers.
Pitchers and Catchers
9:30 - 10:30 Pitchers various pitches to be times and recorded or speed and spin. Plus pitch privately in the coaches area.
10:30 - 11:00 Catcher drills: blocking, pop-up release, pop-to pop timing to 2nd base.
Sign-in Infielders and Outfielders
10:30 - 11:00 Sign-in infielders and Outfielders
11:00 - 11:30 Infielders and outfielders warm up with each other.
Infielders and Outfielders
11:30 - 12:45 Infield and Outfield drills.
Hitting in the Batting Cages and the Field
12:45 - 1:00 Instructions to players for hitting
12:45 - 2:00 All players (pitchers, catchers, infielders and outfielders hit) Hitting is optional.
No Parents Allowed Inside During Showcase
Remember there is no waiting area inside or outside FPN for parents during the showcase. Parents must drop off and and pick players when finished. If a parent is the designated warm-up catcher for a player they will only be allowed in the field area to catch and then they must leave the venue after the warm-up period (8:15-8:45am).
- You must have all your own equipment (catchers gear, bats, helmets). NO METAL SPIKES.
- A showcase T-shirt will be provided. You get that at check-in.
- FPN's elevated grandstand overlooking the field will be exclusively dedicated to coaches only. FPN's elevated views allow coaches to see from above the pitchers and catchers or above the fielders when they are on the field.
- Coaches will be invited down to the cages during the hitting portion of the event. They may choose to stay in the elevated area.
- Coaches will be provided a book with a page about each player.
- Coaches and players will receive results of the event within a week after the event.
- At the coaches request, no parents will be allowed in the building to observe during the event. Parents will be asked to drop off players and return at the conclusion of the event. Parents who will catch for pitchers will be allowed to catch and then exit the playing area.
- Pitchers must be prepared to have their own catcher, however as catchers register, pitchers will be paired up with a catcher.
- A food vendor with a variety healthy wraps will be on hand. Wraps are $6. Drinks and snacks are available from the vending machines. Players may also bring a lunch with them.