FPN Outdoor Individual College Showcase Camp
REGISTRATION CLOSES ON JULY, 15
Fastpitch Nation presents their 5th Annual Summer Outdoor Individual College Showcase Camp. This one-day individual showcase camp will be held Thursday, July 20, 2017 at the Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Club Fields in East Hartford, CT.
The event allows softball players an opportunity to learn from many college coaches from around the Northeast. Cost is $150 for a single session or $175 for both sessions. (Session 1: Pitcher or Catcher; Session 2: Infielder or Outfielder). Plus all players will participate in 2 games played at the end of the day coached by the college coaches.
COLLEGE COACHES will run the event and work directly with the players through various stations and drills. At the conclusion of the skills portions the coaches will break the players up into teams and play a few games and coach them during live play.
The Camp Director is Dawn Stearns, Head Coach, University of Bridgeport.
The 2017 On field Coaching Staff working directly with the players will include.
- University of Bridgeport, Dawn Stearns, Head Coach
- Western CT State University, Heather Stone, Head Coach
- Southern CT State University, Jillian Ortega, Head Coach
- SUNY Purchase, Mark Sergio, Asst. Coach
- St Joseph's College Brooklyn, Danillle Fazzolore, Head Coach
- The Sage Colleges, Jamie Brown, Head Coach
- American International College (AIC), Mairin Dudek, Head Coach
- Wesleyan University, Jen Lane, Head Coach
- Springfield College, Kate Bowen, Head Coach
- Bay Path University, Steve Smith, Head Coach
- Lesley University, Heather Ross, Head Coach
- Johnson & Wales University, Kim Camara-Harvey, Head Coach
- Ithaca College, Deb Palozzi, Head Coach
As other coaches commit to attend to observe we will post them.
College Coaches Click Here to E-Mail to Sign up to Attend.
This event is held at the Pratt & Whitney Fields
560 Silver Lane
East Hartford, CT 06118
Agenda and Schedule
Pitchers and Catchers
7:30 - 8:00 Sign-in pitchers and catchers
8:00 - 8:20 Warm up pitchers and catchers
8:20 - 8:30 Players meet with college coaches prior to workout
8:30 - 9:30 Pitchers throw their pitches (fastball, change-up and other pitches)
9:45 - 10:00 Pitchers defense
9:45 - 10:30 Catcher drills: blocking, throwing to bases and fielding bunts
Infielders and Outfielders
9:30 - 10:00 Sign-in Infielders and outfielders
10:00 - 10:15 Warm up Infielders and outfielders with each other
10:15 - 10:30 Players meet with college coaches prior to workout
10:30 - 11:45 Infielders and outfielders drills and stations
11:45 - 12:45 Hitting stations, Tee work, front toss/live, machine
12:45 - 1:15 Baserunning
1:15 - 1:30 Game 1 Pregame
1:30 - 2:30 Game 1
2:30 - 2:45 Game 2 Pregame
2:45 - 3:45 Game 2
- You must have all your own equipment (catchers gear, bats, helmets).
- A showcase T-shirt will be provided.
- Coaches will be provided a book with a page about each player.
- Pitchers must be prepared to bring their own catcher. We will try to pair enrolled pitchers with enrolled catchers.
- At the conclusion of the event all players will be sent the full list and contact info of all the coaches who attended so you can follow up with an email and send them any additional info you wish.
- Once the registration closes there are no refunds. We can credit you to attend the next showcase in some cases.