FPN Outdoor Individual College Showcase Camp
Fastpitch Nation presents their 6th Annual Summer Outdoor Individual College Showcase Camp. This one-day individual showcase camp will be held Thursday, July 19, 2018 at the Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Club Fields in East Hartford, CT.
The event allows softball players an opportunity to learn from many college coaches from around the Northeast. Cost is $150 for a single session or $175 for both sessions. (Session 1: Pitcher or Catcher; Session 2: Infielder or Outfielder). Plus all players will participate in 2 games played at the end of the day coached by the college coaches.
COLLEGE COACHES will run the event and work directly with the players through various stations and drills. At the conclusion of the skills portions the coaches will break the players up into teams and play a few games and coach them during live play.
Registration Closes on July 14
The Camp Director is Dawn Stearns, Head Coach, University of Bridgeport. She has assembled her staff for the 2018 event.
The 2018 On field Coaching Staff that will work directly with the players include:
- University of Bridgeport, Dawn Stearns, Head Coach
- Southern CT State University, Jillian Rispoli, Head Coach
- SUNY Purchase, Mark Sergio, Asst. Coach
- St Joseph's College Brooklyn, Danillle Fazzolore, Head Coach
- Buffalo State University, Jamie Brown, Head Coach
- Bay Path University, Steve Smith, Head Coach
- Lesley University, Heather Ross, Head Coach
- Rutgers University - Newark, Kristin Hunt, Head Coach
- Springfield College, Kate Bowen, Head Coach
- Western CT State University, Heather Stone, Head Coach
- Assumption College, Jon Landino, Head Coach
- Endicott College, Katie Bettincourt, Head Coach
As of 6/15/18 these other colleges that have committed to attend to observe:
- College of New Rochelle
- Framingham State University
- Central Connecticut State
- UMass Boston
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts
- Manhattanville College
Other colleges that attended to in 2017 are below. Many of the same schools attend each year.
- Albertus Magnus
- Dean College
- Elms College
- Fisher College
- Dean College
- SUNY New Palz
- Central CT State Univeristy
- Mitchell College
- Nichols College
- Western New England University
- Westfield State University
- University of St. Joseph (CT)
- Utica College
- Curry College
- The Sage Colleges
- Wesleyan University
- Johnson & Wales University
College Coaches Click Here to E-Mail to Sign up to Attend.
This event is held at the Pratt & Whitney Fields
560 Silver Lane
East Hartford, CT 06118
Agenda and Schedule
Pitchers and Catchers
7:30 - 8:00 Sign-in pitchers and catchers
8:00 - 8:20 Warm up pitchers and catchers
8:00 - 8:20 Parents meet with coaches regarding recruiting
8:20 - 8:30 Players meet with college coaches prior to workout
8:30 - 9:30 Pitchers throw their pitches (fastball, change-up and other pitches)
9:45 - 10:30 Catcher Defensive drills and instruction / Pitchers Hit
10:30 - 11:15 Pitchers defensive drills and instruction/ Catchers Hit
Infielders and Outfielders
10:30 - 11:00 Sign-in Infielders and outfielders
11:00 - 11:20 Warm up Infielders and outfielders with each other
11:00 - 11:20 Parents meet with coaches regarding recruiting
11:30 - 12:15 Outfield Defensive drills and Instruction/ Infielders Hit
12:15 - 1:00 Infield defensive drills and instruction/ Outfielders Hit
1:15 - 1:30 Game 1 Pregame
1:30 - 2:30 Game 1 with College Coaches
2:30 - 2:45 Game 2 Pregame
2:45 - 3:45 Game 2 with College Coaches
3:45 - 4:15 All players meet all College Coaches regarding recruiting
- You must have all your own equipment (catchers gear, bats, helmets).
- A showcase T-shirt will be provided.
- Coaches will be provided a book with a page about each player.
- Pitchers must be prepared to bring their own catcher. We will try to pair enrolled pitchers with enrolled catchers.
- At the conclusion of the event all players will be sent the full list and contact info of all the coaches who attended so you can follow up with an email and send them any additional info you wish.
- Once the registration closes there are no refunds. We can credit you to attend the next showcase in some cases.